Sunday, June 20, 2010

THE GRADUATE OF 2010




Ever have one of those moments in life that seems to take forever getting there; but once you do, the time went by only WAAAY too fast. That's what we experienced with Josh graduating. For me it came faster than others because I came into his life when he was 8 yrs. old. Still, the entire school years flew by. Scott and I didn't think he would make it to be honest. There were those times when we thought of exiling him to Tim-buk-to, times when we thought school was actually sucking OUT his brain instead of filling it with knowledge; and the times when we thought that as parents, WE weren't going to make it. He was actually sweating bullets till the very end just trying to get his grades up so he COULD graduate. Nevertheless, the day FINALLY arrived. There was much preperation behind the scene as Scott and I did some home modification and beautification for all the family that would be arriving for this momentous occasion.










The family ALL arrived safely from both Idaho and California. It took 4 carpools to get everyone to the graduation and 2 trips back to the house because Josh forgot his placement card and grad hat. I was the stressed mother thinking "maybe this kid won't make it because he keeps forgetting everything." With a graduating class of over 300, it took a LOOOOOONG time to read all the names and FINALLY get to the W's. At last, there he was and his name was being read. We cheered loud for him as he accepted his diploma and walked back down the isle. I can honestly and proudly say that this mother didn't shed a single tear!! Yes I was proud, but I had to keep emmotions in check so I could see through the camera!




One of his grandmothers use to be a professional cake decorator and made a WONDERFUL grad cake just for him. That thing was huge and it only took two and a half days for everyone to devour it!





And now, it's onto the real world. A job, taxes, mundane routines, balancing a checkbook and if my husband has his way, RENT!! Hopefully he has been taught everything he needs to know and is prepared, or will be brave enough to admit that he really DOESN'T know everything and will ask for help when needed.



CONGRATULATIONS JOSH!! I hope you really do know how proud we are of you and the young man you have become. Please see the potential that we as parents see in you, believe in yourself that you can conqour and accomplish anything with determination and hard work. Discipline yourself and you will be succesful. WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. AWW. I am so so proud of him and to tell you the truth I teared up for you. I have know Josh as long as you have and have shared in your up and downs. I am very proud of Josh and you and Scott. Way to go. Muah!!!

    ReplyDelete