Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A HISTORY LESSON UNDERSTOOD BY A 7 YR. OLD

My husband and teenager were watching another version of the movie Gettysburg, (Not the R rated one of course) when my 7 year old Colton came in and asked Dad what he was watching. Scott was too engrossed in the movie so he answered as bluntly as possible. "It's called Gettysburg and you can't watch, go back and play with your play dough." Colton, being the curious child that he is, wanted to know some more about the movie. Scott quickly explained it was about the Civil War. Satisfied, Colton went back to play with his friend AND the play dough.
When I walked through my kitchen, I noticed there were pieces of play dough covering both my counter and my table. I asked Colton what he was doing and he explained that they were having a war; a "Silver War." It was the Silver side against the Gold side and whoever won, GOT THE SILVER!! How could I not laugh. Think I'll have to correct him about the "Silver War" BEFORE he learns it at school. I can only imagine him raising his hand saying "I know about the Silver War!"

No comments:

Post a Comment